PDF2025 - initial view

Paulo-Brazil

PDF2025 - initial view

Post by Paulo-Brazil »

In the new PDF2025, it seems that, in the Options / Loading, the choice of the initial view is not working properly. I set the option to "Page only", but when a new PDF file is opened, I always get also the Bookmarks panel.

My computer runs on Windows 10 Professional. Thank you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: PDF2025 - initial view

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that the initial view setting is specific to the document, not the application. This means if you set it for one PDF, the setting will apply only when opening that particular file, but not for other PDFs.
Paulo-Brazil

Post by Paulo-Brazil »

Thank you for the information. But there is no way of defining a PDF2025-wide initial view, that is, an initial view that applies to all files that will be opened?

The point is, I wish that any file will open without the Bookmarks panel, only the pages would be shown.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

You cannot do what you wish. In FlexiPDF 2022, when the file is created, the initial view is set in the File > Options > Loading dialogue. (I don't have FlexiPDF 2025, so I don't know if these prompts have changed.)

It can be edited at any time the file is open, but it is document-specific. Acrobat operates the same -- the person who creates the file sets the initial view.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Paulo-Brazil wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2024 3:23 am The point is, I wish that any file will open without the Bookmarks panel, only the pages would be shown.
You can try this, close bookmarks panel before closing FlexiPDF 2025 and then open your file or FlexiPDF.

Return to “FlexiPDF NX and 2025 for Windows”