Fonts = Personal vs. Commercial Use?

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for SoftMaker fonts.
Roger the Grey

Fonts = Personal vs. Commercial Use?

Post by Roger the Grey »

Greetings,

Thank you for putting together these packages of affordable fonts for commercial use. I've already invested in some of them so I could do some public graphics (e.g. birthday greetings, etc.) without worrying about lawsuits since I was warned I could be sued by Microsoft if I used their fonts for doing the same thing.

I noticed in some other posts and in some font descriptions that some fonts can be used in "design and print" and "PDF," while others also include web fonts, and none can be used in EPUB.

I have a couple of questions.

1) Can these fonts be used in personal and/or commercial videos?

2) What is the difference between personal and commercial use?
For example,

a) If I were to make a poster or a short video announcement about an upcoming event at the church I attend (e.g. celebrating a wedding anniversary after the service on a certain date), would that be considered personal or commercial? I'm not getting paid for it. I just volunteer to make a simple message to inform (a small group of) people of something that's coming up using your epic fonts.

b) If I were to design a logo with your fonts, would that be considered personal or commercial use?

Thank you for taking the time to clarify!

Roger
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Fonts = Personal vs. Commercial Use?

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for posting your queries. Yes, you can use fonts in videos.

You can also use fonts in logos, as long as you do not embed the font and do not claim ownership of the font in relation to the logo.

Return to “SoftMaker Fonts”