System Error: Resources Not found or invalid

ricky_f

System Error: Resources Not found or invalid

Post by ricky_f »

Latest versions of Text and Planmaker from G PS, both installed OK on an Android 11 device but after starting (and granting the two permissions asked for) I just get an error about missing resources and setting SMPATH variable and that's it. What is this?

I've installed both apps on a couple of other phones w/ no problems but it's impossible to get it to run with this device. Everything else I've installed seems to run fine though it's still early days. It's just those two Softmaker apps.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: System Error: Resources Not found or invalid

Post by martin-k »

Exact name and model of device?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
ricky_f

Post by ricky_f »

Acer ACTAB1022, Android 11, 3GB RAM, 32GB flash (of which 26GB is free).

I've now installed and tested some more apps I regularly use and so far, everything else works as expected. There's apparently a post on another Softmaker forum for a previous version with that problem, see https://forum.softmaker.de/viewtopic.php?t=28820 for details.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for sharing the details. Have you installed apps on SD card or in the internal storage?

Please install in internal storage and also make sure that SoftMaker folder is full accessible and unlocked for apps.
ricky_f

Post by ricky_f »

Install was on internal storage.

There is no SoftMaker folder and I think this is part of the problem... perhaps some permission thing (I did give both apps the storage access permission they require, so that can't be the reason). On other devices where I installed I do have this folder.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

ricky_f wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:17 pm There is no SoftMaker folder and I think this is part of the problem... perhaps some permission thing
Yes, this is the problem. Something on this device blocking SoftMaker in creating this folder. Please check on operating system level or you can reinstall the apps also.
ricky_f

Post by ricky_f »

Reinstalling does not solve this.

And as I said, ~30 other apps have installed correctly, w/o any mishap, some pretty big like Vivaldi browser. So I think this is a problem of your apps and not the tablet.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

ricky_f wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:17 pm There is no SoftMaker folder and I think this is part of the problem... perhaps some permission thing
As you correctly mentioned, the SoftMaker folder is not there even after you granted the permission. This indicates that the operating system or some security software is blocking SoftMaker Office from creating this folder, which is why SoftMaker Office is not working on your tablet but is working fine on your other devices.

Therefore, please perform device-specific troubleshooting related to file and folder permissions. You can also use third-party apps for this permission troubleshooting.

Return to “SoftMaker Office NX for Android (General)”