TextMaker 2021 paginates differently in Standard view and Continuous view

Germainiac

TextMaker 2021 paginates differently in Standard view and Continuous view

Post by Germainiac »

Folks,

Today I was viewing a document in TextMaker in Standard view (I've attached a copy of the document here). I decided to switch to continuous view (so that I could concentrate on body text, and would not be distracted by headers), but I noticed that the page count changed from 7 pages (standard view) to 4 pages (continuous view).

From my experience using MSWord, I've never had this problem: regardless of which view I'm using, the document shows the same number of pages, and breaks each page at the same line. This seems like a bug in the program. Am I mistaken?

Thanks,
Attachments
Test document.docx
(22.66 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Germainiac
Germainiac

Re: TextMaker 2021 paginates differently in Standard view and Continuous view

Post by Germainiac »

Further Clarification: MSWord doesn't have a special "View" for White-space elimination. Instead, in "Print Layout" view (equivalent to TextMaker's "standard view"), one can click on the gray space between pages, and then all white space above and below text (including headers and footers) temporarily disappears in the view so that pages are more continuous, and one can concentrate on text without the distraction of the space above at the top and bottom of pages. Clicking again on the gray space between pages returns the document to the standard Print Layout view, in which white space, headers and footers are all visible. Here is a link to a description of the the function:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/top ... 0b4279200d

I suggest SoftMaker add this functionality in future revisions of TextMaker.
Germainiac
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: TextMaker 2021 paginates differently in Standard view and Continuous view

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded this request to our product management...

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”