2 documents in 1 screen side by side

YannZ

2 documents in 1 screen side by side

Post by YannZ »

Hi,
I used Textmaker 2016 Professional for quite a while and it worked well for me. I open 2 of the same documents side-by-side in 1 window (see attached file Textmaker 2016) and could copy and past from one to the other. After a while they started to nag me that there was an update and that i could buy it for a reduced price. So i bought the update thinking it would be better. With the new version i can't open the 2 documents side-by-side in 1 window anymore. Instead it opens 2 windows side-by-side (see attached file Textmaker 2018) with each window with ribbon and all. When i finish working i have to close the 2 windows. Next time i open Textmaker 2018 it opens half the screen.
Is there a way to work the same way as in Textmaker 2016, with a tab for each document in 1 window, because now i don't use the new version and so i payed for nothing.
They always say "Don't fix what isn't broken" and if you do, make it better than the version before but not worse.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Textmaker 2016.jpg
Textmaker 2018.jpg
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: 2 documents in 1 screen side by side

Post by martin-k »

TextMaker 2016 used old technology called MDI (multiple document interface) which is phased out by Microsoft. You can see this by the document title bars in Windows 7 style even though you use Windows 10.

TextMaker 2018 is actually more flexible than the old version. It allows you to:
- View documents either in tabs or in separate windows.
- Move documents anywhere on your screen (no longer restricted to the application window)
- Move documents to a second monitor (which you couldn't do at all before)
- Grab a tab and move it to undock it as a separate window, and the opposite
- Grab tabs and rearrange them in the tab bar

Give it a try and I hope you can see the advantages.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”