Using and modifying basic template for Textwriter

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2021 for Windows. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
Panch

Using and modifying basic template for Textwriter

Post by Panch »

Despite reading the manual pp. 164-166, whenever I go to File>New in Textwriter I get a document with Times New Roman and font size 10, even though I have tried to work with templates to create new documents with automatically having Arial and font size 12.
My method so far is as follows:
I launch Textwriter, and save Untitled1 as a template file NormalX.tmvx which is also saved to the new font that I want to be default, Arial 12.
I then close and reopen Textwriter, File>New, select the new template, and I expect to see Untitled1 with the new font, but it has the Times 10 font still.
Is my method totally off base, or am I skipping just one step or makng some other minor error?
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Using and modifying basic template for Textwriter

Post by Jossi »

How did you define the new font in the template? It is not sufficient to change simply the font; you have to change the character style „Normal“ via the "Styles" section in the "Home" ribbon (or Format>Character style in classic menus).
Woody44

Re: Using and modifying basic template for Textwriter

Post by Woody44 »

You can (and probably should) also change the default font to whatever you want the default font to be. In your document, when you have the dialogue window open to change the font, be sure to click "Set as default" before clicking "OK"
Attachments
Default_Font.jpg

Return to “FreeOffice 2021 for Windows (General)”