Two questions pre-sale

Panch

Two questions pre-sale

Post by Panch »

I have the questions below prior to my first download of one of the available apps:

#1. One major review of Softmaker stated that chat gpt on Softmaker is a "mixed blessing". Chat gpt is a level of complexity I do not need or want personally, so can it be turned off entirely as a user setting?

#2. I read elsewhere that the Softmaker apps do 'phone home' when starting up to validate license. I have no probem at all with the concept of that, but what happens if the internet is not availabe at that moment, and does 'phoning home' delay launch?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Two questions pre-sale

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for your interest in SoftMaker Office NX.
Panch wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:48 pm #1. One major review of Softmaker stated that chat gpt on Softmaker is a "mixed blessing". Chat gpt is a level of complexity I do not need or want personally, so can it be turned off entirely as a user setting?
This feature of ChatGPT is only available with SoftMaker Office NX Universal, and there is no option to disable or enable.

Actually, it's always disabled, as it's not an active component but available. Whenever you want to use it, you can click and use it.

There is however a large dialog box that you need to agree to before you can use it - no risk to running AI by accident.
Panch wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:48 pm #2. I read elsewhere that the Softmaker apps do 'phone home' when starting up to validate license. I have no probem at all with the concept of that, but what happens if the internet is not availabe at that moment, and does 'phoning home' delay launch?
For SoftMaker Office 2024, internet is required for activation only.

For SoftMaker Office NX, internet is required for activation and then renewal etc. also. Sometimes, SoftMaker Office NX test the connection for subscription, but not on every start.

Return to “BasicMaker NX and 2024 for Windows”