PLANMAKER HANGS ON EXIT

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2024 for Mac. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
jogeor

PLANMAKER HANGS ON EXIT

Post by jogeor »

tramont wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:14 am Tried nearly everything without success, but no 5 (renaming the Documents file) seems to have worked. Thanks!
It is now September 2024 and I am using FreeOffice 2024 for MacOS (latest version). Unfortunately this problem is still around and it is very annoying. I have tried No 5 i.e. renaming the document and this cures the problem for a while but then it surfaces again. I faced this problem in both Text and PlanMaker. I am running SONOMA 14.6.1 in an Apple MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019).
Processor: 2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Memory: 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Come on Softmaker... about time to solve this problem! Please...
PS
I also checked 1 to 4 but to no avail.
Last edited by jogeor on Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
jogeor

FreeOffice hangs on EXIT

Post by jogeor »

It is now September 2024 and I am using FreeOffice 2024 for MacOS (latest version). Unfortunately this problem is still around and it is very annoying. I have tried renaming the document (as stated elsewhere) and this cures the problem for a while but then it surfaces again. I faced this problem in both Text and PlanMaker. I am running SONOMA 14.6.1 in an Apple MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019).
Processor: 2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Memory: 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Come on Softmaker... about time to solve this problem! Please...
PS
This question is also posted in FreeOffice 2021. It is there that I saw the solution about renaming the document.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: PLANMAKER HANGS ON EXIT

Post by SuperTech »

Since you mentioned that Step 5 temporarily resolved your issue, could you please let us know the exact actions you performed before the problem reoccurred?

Note: Both your post were originally in the wrong forum for PlanMaker 2021/2024, so I have moved it to the correct section.

Please don't do multiple posts for same issue, and please post in correct forum only.
jogeor

Re: PLANMAKER HANGS ON EXIT

Post by jogeor »

After PlanMaker finally exited, I renamed the file by adding a random letter and edited it several times exiting and opening without hanging on exit. When I edited the file the next day, it hung on exit once again. The same thing happened to TextMaker so I posted again in GENERAL thinking that the problem may be universal to FreeOffice.
PS
Before opening the file the next day, I renamed it again to the original name by removing the random letter. May be I shouldn’t have done that.
If it happens again, I will not rename the file a second time (to the original name) and I will see how it goes from there.
I hope this helps.

Return to “FreeOffice 2024 for Mac (General)”