FreeOffice 2021 for another user on same Mac?

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Mac that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
ianW

FreeOffice 2021 for another user on same Mac?

Post by ianW »

Hi,

I have FreeOffice 2021 installed on a Mac running macOS Sierra (10.12). I do understand that this OS is no longer getting updates from Apple and this Mac can't have its OS updated.

I have created a 2nd account for myself on the laptop (my wife's( so that she and I can both use it without getting in each others' way. But we both want FreeOffice, so I went to install it for the new user. On the website the download is FreeOffice 2024 which installs, but won't launch on this OS version. Again, understandable.

Does anyone know either:
(a) how to install FreeOffice 2021 for the 2nd user I just added (me)? Or has the ship for installing an old version already sailed?
and/or
(b) how to have the version already installed and available on the laptop when my wife logs in, to also be available for use by me?

Note that I am totally new to the world of Apple (only ever worked for HP and Microsoft before I retired!). I even just learned yesterday what the red, yellow and green buttons on a window were! :lol: Only doing it because my Windows laptop, on which I used FreeOffice, finally died and we really don't need one each.

Thanks for your help.
Ian Watson
romad

Re: FreeOffice 2021 for another user on same Mac?

Post by romad »

Where did you install it? In Mac HD/Applications or in ~/Applications? Note: the tilde denotes the path Mac HD/Users/user account

If your install is in the former the you should be able to use FreeOffice in any user account.

Is the FreeOffice pkg file still in your downloads folder? If so you can just install it where ever you wish.

Last, you could try this link

https://web.archive.org/web/20240000000 ... e-2021.pkg

and pick one of the snap shots to see if you can download the file.
Dennis Swaney
Prescott, Arizona USA

"Cogito Ergo Mac"
Woody44

Re: FreeOffice 2021 for another user on same Mac?

Post by Woody44 »

romad wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:00 pm Last, you could try this link

https://web.archive.org/web/20240000000 ... e-2021.pkg
This link opens to a calendar, not to FreeOffice.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Mac (General)”