Autofilter - sort descending error

Prasant

Autofilter - sort descending error

Post by Prasant »

Hi all,

I am making a stocklist on which each item has a location number. I made the list random because I planned to order it by using the autofilter-sort funcion.

I now encounter the problem that the autofilter-sort funcion does not sort in a way that for me would be logical because it puts, for example,1 before 10, 2 before 20, 5 before 50, etc. (see atachment)

So how can I sort in normal folow-up of numbering, that is to say 1 to infinity would just folow up in sequence?

Many thank in advance for your reaction!
Attachments
Planmaker 2.jpg
Planmaker 1.jpg
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Autofilter - sort descending error

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for posting your problem. It appears that this column is currently formatted as text rather than as numbers. Please change the format to 'Number,' and it should sort correctly.

If you'd like, you can share the file with us, and we'll be happy to take a look.
Prasant

Post by Prasant »

Thank you for your answer,

I, in my search of the problem also found that as a possible problem but changing this does not resolve the issue. I'll share the file in the hope you see the problem.
Attachments
Strain list Forum.xlsx
(348.83 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

To solve this problem, we need to correct both the cell format and the content format.

To do this, please copy the content of the column, then use 'Paste Special' and select 'Unformatted Text.' This will ensure that the content matches the cell formatting as 'Number.'

Please find your corrected file attached.
Strain list Forum.xlsx
(348.31 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Prasant

Post by Prasant »

Thank you so much!

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Windows”