PlanMaker 2024 Slooow Saves

gideon

PlanMaker 2024 Slooow Saves

Post by gideon »

This post is about the very slow saves I was seeing migrating a Planmaker 2018 (rev F982.0109) 32bit document to Planmaker 2024 (rev F1216.0706) 32bit. The document was in xlsx format. This post is not a criticism of PlanMaker 2024, but just my experience with one document.

Specifically: saving my medium sized Planmaker document (2.2MB xlsx format) went from 1 second to taking 16 seconds! Additionally the new saved file was 20% bigger with PlanMaker 2024 - I thought there must be a reason for that file bloat, but on loading the larger file back into Planmaker 2018 did not reveal any underlying performance problems with the new file.

I played around a little bit, and narrowed the 'problem' down to two worksheets (just a brute force approach - deleting worksheets until I saw the file save performance go back to where I expected). They happened to use a lot of cross-worksheet formulas and outline groups but that may or may not be relevant. My inelegant workaround was to remove the outline groups from these two worksheets. Paste the contents of the two worksheets into new worksheets and then delete the originals - not ideal I know - but my file is back to saving in under a second.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: PlanMaker 2024 Slooow Saves

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for posting your problem. Please share the file in which you are getting this problem so that we can check it at our end.

If your file is private, please send it to forum[at]softmaker.com with the link of this post.

Return to “FreeOffice PlanMaker 2024 for Windows”