How to configure FreeOffice's "Save As" to display the Dolphin page

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2021 for Linux. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
dantony

How to configure FreeOffice's "Save As" to display the Dolphin page

Post by dantony »

Good evening. How are you? I hope so.
I'd like some help, if possible.
I use Biglinux Kde, and I use Freeoffice 2021 as a text tool. What I'm about to report only happens with freeoffice here on Biglinux or, perhaps, only on KDE. I've tested it in gnome and it doesn't happen. If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it.
The problem: every time I save a file with freeoffice, in "save as" here in Big-kde, instead of taking me to that Dolphin page whose interface is the same as Dolphin's, the window that opens is one that takes me to yellow system folders. And it's very difficult to find my "home" folder all the time, which is on my internal slave hard drive, since the system is on an SSD.
In other words, it seems to be a difference between the FreeOffice save dialog window and the standard KDE window, as a colleague from another forum who tried to help me said.
How do I make it so that when I click on "save as", the window that opens is the same as when I open any file in Dolphin? How do I configure FreeOffice to use the standard KDE file dialog windows, in this case Dolphin?

Below is a printout (or attachment) of the window that opens in freeoffice (with yellow system folders) and a printout of the dolphin window, the one that is present when you save any file in it. This only happens with freeoffice, either in KDE or Big Kde.
I even installed Big Kde on two of my friends' PCs that use Freeoffice and they had the same question.

Thank you for your help.

Translated by Admin as this is English only forum.
Attachments
página do dolphin.png
Captura de imagem_20240806_000455.png
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: How to configure FreeOffice's "Save As" to display the Dolphin page

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for posting your problem with screenshots. Please click on ribbon command File | Options | Appearance | Check the option “Use system file dialogs” | OK.
dantony

Post by dantony »

SuperTech wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:29 pm Thank you for posting your problem with screenshots. Please click on ribbon command File | Options | Appearance | Check the option “Use system file dialogs” | OK.
Good afternoon. Unfortunately, under Appearance, there is no option to “Use system file dialogs”. Thank you for your attention.
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

In KDE, both FreeOffice as well as SMOffice will default to its build-in file selector. Everywhere else, if the option suggested is ticked it will use gtk file dialog instead.
dantony

Post by dantony »

The problem is that there is no option to change it.
In the APPEARANCE tab, as well as in the SYSTEM tab, both within OPTIONS, there is no option to change.
I've attached the screenshots below to help if possible.
Thank you very much for your attention.
Attachments
ABA SISTEMA.png
ABA APARÊNCIA.png
Last edited by dantony on Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dantony

Post by dantony »

lgsl wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:40 pm In KDE, both FreeOffice as well as SMOffice will default to its build-in file selector. Everywhere else, if the option suggested is ticked it will use gtk file dialog instead.
Hi, thanks, but there's no option to switch to GTK. The User Interface is just the type of template I want to use. FreeOffice 2021, or even 2024, doesn't have the option to switch to gtk. Unfortunately.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

The option is the last check box on the Appearance tab. However, for you it is greyed out, meaning it is unavailable. I only have FreeOffice 2021 in U.S. English. For me, that option is available. I'll have to load up FreeOffice 2024 and see if it has been disabled in the update.
dantony

Post by dantony »

Woody44 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:32 am The option is the last check box on the Appearance tab. However, for you it is greyed out, meaning it is unavailable. I only have FreeOffice 2021 in U.S. English. For me, that option is available. I'll have to load up FreeOffice 2024 and see if it has been disabled in the update.
Hi, you're right. That's great. Unfortunately for me it's disabled in 2021 and 2024. Following your information I uninstalled 2021 and installed 2024. I restarted to check and nothing. The option is still disabled. I don't know how to enable it. Thanks for the tip Woody44 .
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

I have done a bit more checking. I'm under Windows 10, not Linux, but I would think the feature set for FreeOffice would be the same for all platforms. I previously verified that the option to use system dialogues IS available in FreeOffice 2021 -- and it is, in fact, the default option.

I just installed FreeOffice 2024 on an old laptop computer, specifically to look for this settting. As with FreeOffice 2021, this option is available for me to enable or to disable in FreeOffice 2024 for Windows, and (as with 2021) it is enabled as the default setting.
dantony

Post by dantony »

Woody44 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:46 am I have done a bit more checking. I'm under Windows 10, not Linux, but I would think the feature set for FreeOffice would be the same for all platforms. I previously verified that the option to use system dialogues IS available in FreeOffice 2021 -- and it is, in fact, the default option.

I just installed FreeOffice 2024 on an old laptop computer, specifically to look for this settting. As with FreeOffice 2021, this option is available for me to enable or to disable in FreeOffice 2024 for Windows, and (as with 2021) it is enabled as the default setting.
It should be standard for Linux too. FreeOffice only looks like this on the KDE desktop, in Gnome the window is the default file manager. I guess I'll have to get used to it or switch to gnome again. Thanks for your help and research
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for sharing your issue. However, this function is only available when using Gnome.
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

dantony wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:53 pm
Woody44 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:32 am The option is the last check box on the Appearance tab. However, for you it is greyed out, meaning it is unavailable. I only have FreeOffice 2021 in U.S. English. For me, that option is available. I'll have to load up FreeOffice 2024 and see if it has been disabled in the update.
Hi, you're right. That's great. Unfortunately for me it's disabled in 2021 and 2024. Following your information I uninstalled 2021 and installed 2024. I restarted to check and nothing. The option is still disabled. I don't know how to enable it. Thanks for the tip Woody44 .
As I said: if you are using KDE Plasma it will not work. It will only work with non-kde environments.

Return to “FreeOffice 2021 for Linux (General)”