FreeOffice install to "live" version of LMDE6?

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2024 for Linux. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
Woody44

FreeOffice install to "live" version of LMDE6?

Post by Woody44 »

I can't do what I wanted to do ( https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=417&t=27099) because the old computer I wanted to use for experimenting with Linux is 32-bit only. I can get LMDE6 in a 32-bit version, but I can't find a 32-bit version of FreeOffice.

So, as an alternative, I can run the 64-bit version of LMDE6 in "live" mode (running off a USB thumbdrive) on my 64-bit laptop computer. LMDE6 includes LibreOffice, but I would really like to see how the Linux version of FreeOffice looks and runs. I have created a USB with LMDE6 and a "persistent" partition (or directory?) that supposedly allows it to retain my settings.

Can FreeOffice be installed to a "persistent" USB live copy of LMDE6? If so, how large should the persistent partition be, and where can I find installation instructions?

As with my other post, please note that I am a total rookie with Linux. If you just tell me to "Open a terminal window" ... you will have already lost me. If I need to open a terminal window (I assume that's the Linux equivalent of the Windows command line?), the instructions need to tell me exactly HOW to open the terminal window.

I would really like to look into this. I hope someone can help me dip my foot into the Linux waters.
lgsl

Re: FreeOffice install to "live" version of LMDE6?

Post by lgsl »

Yes, you should be able to install FreeOffice in a persistent USB installation. Just install it as a normal installation.

For you other questions I suggest you direct them to Linux Mint

Return to “FreeOffice 2024 for Linux (General)”