Install failed error code 2503.

Post here topics for SoftMaker Office NX and 2024 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
BillRK

Install failed error code 2503.

Post by BillRK »

I have been using Softmaker Office 2024 (not NX) with a license code for a good while and am trying to install it on a new windows 11 PC. I just downloaded it from https://www.softmaker.com/en/products/s ... e/download. I started the install which proceeded normally until about the 90% point but stopped with a popup saying "An unexpected error occurred while installing this package. This may indicate a problem with the package. The error code is 2503."
I downloaded the package a couple more times, but got the same error. Where can I get a good package? NOTE: I installed 6 other apps earlier so far with no problems.
A day later now, I just tried the download again from https://www.softmaker.com/en/my-account. After logging in, got the very same error.
Would really appreciate help on this - essential in my migration to Windows 11. Thanks!!
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Install failed error code 2503.

Post by SuperTech »

This error indicates that you have problem in your MSI installation service, so please do some related operating system level troubleshooting for that.

You can start it with a search with keyword error code 2503 Windows 11.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

This is because your Windows folder for temporary files has the wrong access rights and the Windows Installer therefore cannot store any temporary files in it.

You can repair this as follows:
  • Open your Windows folder in Windows Explorer. This folder is usually called c:\Windows.
  • Find the Temp folder inside and right-click on it.
  • Now select Properties.
  • Switch to the Security tab in the new dialog box.
  • Now click on the Advanced button.
  • A new dialog box appears in which you usually have to click Next to receive administrative rights in order to be able to repair the folder.
  • Select the "Administrators" account in the list of users and click on Edit.
  • In the dialog box that appears now, set a checkmark in front of Full access and click OK.
  • Confirm all further messages.
  • Carry out the installation of SoftMaker Office again.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
BillRK

Post by BillRK »

Martin, thank you!! This worked great!! I also looked at the link to MS support in the Super Tech reply, and that was almost identical to what you listed, but it was missing a step.
:D

Return to “SoftMaker Office NX and 2024 for Windows (General)”