Running SoftMaker Ofiice on ARM CPU (Rapsberry Pi)

Post here topics for SoftMaker Office NX and 2024 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
vladimir1993

Running SoftMaker Ofiice on ARM CPU (Rapsberry Pi)

Post by vladimir1993 »

Is there any way to run SoftMaker Ofiice on Raspberry Pi PC? If the company plan to make SoftMaker Office for ARM CPU?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Running SoftMaker Ofiice on ARM CPU (Rapsberry Pi)

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for your interest in SoftMaker Office, but currently, it's not supported.
vansid

Re: Running SoftMaker Ofiice on ARM CPU (Rapsberry Pi)

Post by vansid »

I know this isn't supported, but I was able to get SoftMaker Office 2024 (mostly) running on my Raspberry Pi 5 (which runs Raspberry Pi OS Bookworm (aarch64)) by essentially following the basic instructions in this article:

"Run x64 Software on a Raspberry Pi using Box64"
https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-x64/

You need to understand how to compile software, but it isn't that difficult. I'm sure this isn't the right forum for support on compiling software like Box64, so if you run into trouble, you might need to look elsewhere for help. While I got TextMaker 2024 and PlanMaker 2024 working (including printing), I could not get Presentations 2024 to work. But the spreadsheet and word processor functions were the most important to me, so I consider this a viable option for many.

The performance was surprisingly good. I was expecting it to excruciatingly slow, but it performed just as well as native apps aarch64 like LibreOffice. If you have the technical know-how, I recommend this as a temporary solution until SoftMaker releases an ARM version, which I assume they will since the whole PC world is trending towards that now, especially for mobile devices.

-vansid

Return to “SoftMaker Office NX and 2024 for Linux (General)”