TextMaker for PalmOS?

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
Jeff Kirvin

TextMaker for PalmOS?

Post by Jeff Kirvin »

So when can we expect the first PalmOS beta? TextMaker would look so much better on a Tungsten T3 at 320x480 than it looks on any Pocket PC...
Jeff Kirvin
Editor, Writing On Your Palm
http://www.writingonyourpalm.net
crimsonsky

Post by crimsonsky »

Lack of TextMaker for the Palm is one of the things that I keep my Toshiba e755 for. Sure would like to see at least a beta sometime in the near future.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: TextMaker for PalmOS?

Post by martin-k »

Jeff Kirvin wrote:So when can we expect the first PalmOS beta? TextMaker would look so much better on a Tungsten T3 at 320x480 than it looks on any Pocket PC...
Jeff: Great to see you around here...

Priority #1 right now is to get PlanMaker out of the door. We are working on TextMaker for Palm in parallel, but we'll be able to put more developers on the project as soon as PlanMaker is released.

You are right, the T3 is one gorgeous machine. It's actually the first Palm device I'd consider purchasing for me personally.

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
crimsonsky

Post by crimsonsky »

That's great news, Martin! Once there's a version of TextMaker for the Palm, I will be able to sell my e755. I am using my T3 for everything _except_ most of my writing. I need the power of TextMaker on my T3!

Don
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

crimsonsky wrote:I need the power of TextMaker on my T3!

Don
That's what we are aiming for. I played with the latest Documents To Go on a T3 yesterday and was severely underwhelmed... :D

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Smile

Post by Smile »

Will it work with Tungsten T, even though it has lower memory and processing speed?
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Smile wrote:Will it work with Tungsten T, even though it has lower memory and processing speed?
Current minimum requirements are ARM CPU, Palm OS 5, and at least 320*320 resolution. We intend to keep it that way, if at all possible.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
speedball

That means you won't support the Treo 600, bad mistake

Post by speedball »

The fastest selling Palm device on the market today is the Treo 600. Unfortunately, for its small form factor it only has a 160x160 screen. I think Softmaker should strive to create a version of this software that will run in the lower resolution as well. This is a huge market, and with people receiving email word attachments, and no build in MS Word software on the Treo 600, this is a million unit target market for softmaker over the next 12 months.
josema8

Post by josema8 »

Hello.
I recently purchased a Palm Tungsten T3, and coming from a Psion 5mx I became fast disappointed about poor Palm OS and poor soft on this platform. Docs To GO, being the "most advanced" word processor for Palm seems very pathetic, lacking most of issues one could expect on a word processor. First, one can NEVER work with real page format, margins and so on, everything is limited to the little Palm screen, one can never see the real format the page has. Options are quite limited, and habilities like inserting graphics are absolutelly missing.

So, when I saw Textmaker my eyes glowed!.

I beg, please, release this for Palm OS 5 and make use of nice T3 screen and this can become a number one hero on Palm, since there is nothing simmilar by now.

And release this in Spanish and other languages, please. If your company needs help translating from English to Spanish, you have mine, I am yours if you need this. 8)

Josema8
Spain
sunmoon

Post by sunmoon »

Is the Palm OS version of Textmaker going to be named Textmaker 2004? I mean, would it include the improvements over 2002 version?
josema8

Post by josema8 »

Hello!.

This topic seems DEAD.

Will textmaker really see light for Tungsten T3 or Palm OS 5, or were just a pair of words you drop here?

Come on!, my TT3 NEEDS a REAL wordprocessor like this and not the shit Docs to Go!....Pleeeeeeease :-o

Go, Go, Textmaker for Palm!!!!
Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L »

Well, there will be a version for PalmOS 5, but this will take some time to develop, so stay tuned. :)
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

josema8

Post by josema8 »

I stay tuned, I stay tuned...but I want Textmaker for my Tungsten T3...I want Textmaker...I will translate manuals and program to Spanish for Softmaker...Ohmmmm....Ohmmmm

Tobias, tell us something!... :wink:

http://www.pdaexpertos.com
Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L »

Due to the beta of PlanMaker for Windows (and for Linux and Pocket PCs soon) our developers are working on these programs. After this they can spend some time on developing TextMaker for the PalmOS 5 again. :-)
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

josema8

Post by josema8 »

How Goes, Tobias?

Any news so far? :D

Text processors on Palm are so repugnant and basic I went back to my old Psion 5mx in order to have a decent document management and not format destructive sync. Hope this will change with Textmaker for PalmOS.

Return to “Water Cooler”